Sunday, September 2, 2007

ATCs on Swapbot

So I joined the Newbie ATC swap on swapbot. It's basically for people who have no ratings and want to jump right in. Most of the good swaps won't let you join if you are new. You need some mail swaps under your belt and good ratings. I have both now! I joined a postcard swap for my first one and loved it. I think I am signed up for 10 or 12 swaps between now and December. But they aren't all major. I mean one of them you just buy something and send it. Not much to do there. Anyway, on to my ATC's!



The first one is the Fairy card. I made the background a couple weeks ago with acrylic pain, lumieres, glitter, and a piece of pattern tissue. I added some silver leafing and the fairy and word clip then color washed over it.



The second one is the "Lady of Leisure". I used a book page and adhered it to my base. Then I used blue ink and mellowed it down with a baby wipe. I added some black ink along the edges and then placed my image down using copper tape. I then carved the title into the tape. It didn't look quite finished to me so I added some gold embossing powder to the corners and along one edge of the image. I think they both turned out well. :)


2 comments:

sue.bee said...

I love your cards! I like to make cards myself, but they're more cutesy.

I just signed up for a swap on SwapBot myself...I hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

I love the blue over the stamping! These are really nice and you should have no problems trading them!