Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekly Uniquely!


So I got my Travel 4x4 done for the WU in my Yahoo Group - MMN. It came out so much better than I thought it would! It looks a little blurry in this photo but the color really comes through. I got to use some of my vintage metal buttons too. I agree with Tami, this one is going to be hard to mail away! But I think I am glad to send it off to someone in this group. I wouldn't have created it without them and this is a thank you for getting me back to my creative zone. I haven't been there in soooo long!


I looked at some of the other 4x4's people have posted and I got ideas for more. I think I will try them later after the supply run. I am starting a sketch book to write down my ideas when I can't get to them immediately.


I think I am officially addicted to using beeswax in my collage/ATC's. It a pain in the butt to get right but it smells like heaven to work with. And it ends up giving this wonderful aged look that ink doesn't quite reach. And the combo of the two is amazing. Plus look at the detail it brought out in the Paris ATC? The old book page I used is enhanced and protected from further aging. I think that's another thing I like about beeswax. It's acid free and archival. Just got to keep it out of the heat. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting from the MMN group, and althougth I am a bit of a coward,in terms of participating in the WU, I must say I really love this piece! I purchased a bag of beeswax pellets, but do ´not know how to use them!

Anonymous said...

Scarlett, I just looked at your great blog! I'm just starting to use beeswax and yesterday I had some red leaves that I wanted to preserve in an altered book. What fun it was! As you say, it has a mind of it's own so you can't direct it much but it looks awesome. I didn't realize your "travel" piece had beeswax before! Love your work~! Pat Schmidt MMAN Yahoo Group