Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Answers!

Thank you kindly for the wonderful comments! To answer your questions.... (since it won't let me do it on those posts....)

#1) Beeswax is awesome! I took the little pellets... natural yellow ones... and kind of pressed them down a little onto the paper so it would stay. They are sticky so it works well. This holds them down if you are using a heat gun. (you can also use a craft iron, but you can't watch it as easily) Once you have squished em', turn on your heat gun and keep it about 3 inches from the wax. Make sure you have your project on something to protect your work surface. The wax goes where it wants! You can try to direct it by tipping the card up and aiming the heat down. If you don't have enough wax, stick some more on and repeat. It takes a bit to get used to it. The piece under "Paris" is my first one. Travel was the second. Just experiment away and see what results you get~! I'm gonna try adding crayon wax shavings next! I'll post that when I do.

#2) The clock face is vellum. I bought it in a pack of assorted clock faces from Walmart. I wish they still had them.... I'd buy more! As soon as I get Challenge #4,I will post the next stage of my card.

If you haven't seen the book "ATC Workshop", I highly recommend it! This book has sooooo many ideas! Anyone interested in mixed media, altered art, or ATC's will LOVE it! It can be applied to almost anything! I finally really dove into it and can't put it down.

No comments: