Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yay! A weekend off!



I finally have a whole weekend off. Of course it will be my only one until the store opens in about a week and a half, so I must take advantage of it artistically. I get Saturdays off but not Sundays... I will start my Wings(6 ATC's) swap tomorrow. I have lots of background ideas! Speaking of backgrounds, here are a few I did a couple weeks ago I forgot to post here. I just played with various types of paint on a gessoed ATC. As soon as I start building on these I will post more.
I joined Swapbot today! I am very excited about it. I trolled the Forums a bit after joining 3 swaps. A little scary since there is alot of 'beware' stuff in there. I will keep it simple for my first couple swaps. Two of them are the smae guidelines as most of the swaps in my Yahoo group and the other one is more complex. I wanted to make myself a wand though and this way I can put my effort into someone elses. (I told my honey I wanted to make myself a wand, LOVE harry potter, he cracked up-silly boys!) I think I enjoy making for others more than myself. I seem to have a hard time finding the stop point when it's for me, but it leaps out at me on others..... Sigh. As long as the stuff I send looks good, I guess that's all I need?
And seriously! Must make myself something this weekend. I've spent the last few days making some zip loc baggies of 'goodies' to send with my MMAN swaps so I can throw them in there when I'm ready. I think that will make preparing the packages super fast!
I'm out for the night.... Must get some rest so I can get up and CREATE!

No comments: