Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sigh....

I've been in kind of a funk. And it's worse today. Got bad news. The car that was to help me get to and from work just took a nose dive into impossible to fix waters.... And my blue baby still is lost in undetermined cause land. Sigh. Why do these things always seem to get so much worse when you have no money to fix them? Well on to the happier stuff.


I got 7 postcards done yesterday. Seven! 4 were for a swap on swapbot and 2 were for me and one was a present for a coworker. They came out so nice.
The first pic was the present for my coworker. I added some of the UTEE and Perfect Pearls to the frame to match the postcard inside.
The second one with the fortune cookie on it is one I made for me. I looooove it. Something about it just makes me happy.
The next one is an incomplete Bernie Berlin technique I used for the swap.(CORRECTION- I think it was a technique I saw on the Yahoo Group ART techniques) I added Lumiere paints but forgot the gesso! Sigh.... It still came out pretty.
Picture 4 was done with a transparency layered over a Lumiere painted background. Then I added the Paper towel background stripes I made a few weeks ago and added the magazine clippings and colored staples for strength. The transparency didn't seem keen on staying on. It was fine the way it was but not for mail handling.
Picture 5 is made with a vintage ad. I started with a texture paint and then added other colors. After that I stamped a crackle background over it, added more lumiere and then added then vintage ad with the kittens. Not my favorite but it took hours. Hopefully whoever gets it will appreciate all the time put into it!
Picture 6 is a painted lumiere background with a bit of embossing for texture. Then I added the clips with decoupage glue. They didn't seem to blend well so I traced them with pastels and rubbed it in and they look more flowing now.
The last one is a metallic black background with red/gold interference sponged on it. I stamped the moon and embossed it. The I glued the vintage photo on. After that I used my silver leaf pen to add the stars and the word Dream.


Everything came out so good. I got to make myself some stuff, pass some along for others and light up my coworkers day. Found out after she opened it that she loves butterflies! How perfect is that? So that it for today. Join me next time for more art and maybe a little less rant. ;)

2 comments:

Arlene Mobley said...

Hi Scarlett

I Love your post cards. They turned out great! The red butterfly is really beautiful.

Hélène Deroubaix said...

the first one with the butterfly in frame is so pretty!
are you at flickr by the way?